My sister sent me this top all the way from London as part of my birthday present.
It’s cute, but it’s too large and sheer on me. So I made it into a cushion, and I can actually see and use it everyday. Win win!
1. > It’s a lovely print.
2. >But it’s just too large on me because I’m short (5’0).
3. > I had a cushion insert lying around for another project, and realised it’s a similar size.
4. >The cushion insert fitted perfectly in it!
5. >”I don’t even have to sew the side seams…”, thoughts were brewing in my mind.
6. >Getting to work! The bottom seam was also already done (previously the bottom hem of the tank top). I only had to cut the top seam, just below the arm holes.
7. >I turned the tank inside out, sewn the bottom seam closed with my sewing machine, and also sewn the top seam halfway closed leaving space for putting in the cushion insert. No zip, lazy job. :D
8. >I pushed the cushion insert in, and sewn the opening closed by hand.
9. >Done, done, done :)
I think this is a much better use of the gift. It looks much better as a cushion in my home, than a garment on my body. Thank you sis!