Spotlight is the art/craft/home interior/party supply giant in Australia. They are also in New Zealand and Singapore (and briefly in Hong Kong, but it closed down a few years ago). It is my most frequented store of all time! I have spent many hours and majority of my craft budget there. (Not advertising for them, just sharing my experience. I buy 95% of my fabrics there).
There are more than 125 stores in Australia. I mostly go to the Mt Gravatt store in Brisbane, Logan store in Logan City, and Ashmore store on the Gold Coast. They are all much about the same in terms of stock and layout. I go mostly for scrapbooking materials in my papercrafting years, and later sewing supplies, of course. Fabrics, dress patterns, notions, cushion inserts, everything. Sometimes I look at the manchester and home decoration sections.
Address (The ones in Brisbane and Gold Coast):
In Brisbane, QLD:
- Mt Gravatt Store: 1290 Logan Rd, Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
- Capalaba Store: 1-7 Finucane Rd, Capalaba QLD 4157
- Indooroopilly Store: 272 Moggill Rd, Indooroopilly QLD 4068
- Browns Plains Store: 65/85 Browns Plains Rd, Browns Plains QLD 4118
In Logan, QLD:
- Logan Store: 3525 Pacific Motorway, Slacks Creek QLD 4127 (Logan)
In Gold Coast, QLD:
- Ashmore Store: 345 – 351 Southport Nerang Rd, Ashmore QLD 4214
- West Burleight Store: 177 Reedy Creek Rd, West Burleigh QLD 4219
Below are some photos from the Ashmore store.
Should have bought shares in this company :P