The cacti are fine. I’m the one who is sunburnt and now have circles of tan on my shoulders. You will see what I mean.
- Pattern: Simplicity 2406, Cynthia Rowley design, View B
- Size made: H5 (sizes 6-14 included), I made size 6
- Pattern pieces: 6 for view B (omitted sash and pockets)
- Fabric: Rayon Chirramon (100% Rayon), 125cm wide, 2m length, made in China, bought from Spotlight
- New Techniques used: Gathered interfaced neckline; Back slit; Sleeves with holes; Thread loops; Attempted pattern matching (fail)
- Modifications: Eliminated pockets and sash; Shortened hem
I actually like view C (knee length dress with sleeves). I wasn’t sure of the holes-in-shoulders sleeve design. But I wanted each garment I make to have a point of difference. Otherwise they will all look the same. So I talked myself into making view B, the option with shoulder holes. Also there is an optional zip in place of a back slit and I chose to make the slit. So what I made is the same as the main picture on the pattern envelope (but no sash or pockets).
It is starting to get a bit cooler, but the Queensland sun is ferocious. I did put on sunscreen but I still got dark circles on my shoulders. Oh well, self-inflicted! :P