Mustard with hints of Burgundy, Emerald and Teal. It screams Autumn to me! This loud print is not my usual style, but I fell in love with the colours. The fabric is also buttery soft, and is perfect for mild autumns in Queensland. I made Burda 6919 with it. It is a pattern for a knit semi-fitted dress with scoop neck, shoulder holes, tucks in bodice and skirt, batwing sleeves and elasticated waist.
- Pattern: Burda 6919, View A. Rated ‘Easy’.
- Size made: US 8-18 included, I made size 8
- Pattern pieces: 5 for view A
- Fabric used: Stretch jersey [unknown composition], 120cm width, 1.5m long, [unknown country of origin], bought from Spotlight
- New Techniques used: First time trying pattern matching – I only managed the centre fronts of bodice and skirt. Side seams not matched…
- Modifications: Shortened skirt at hem by 14cm; Encased waist elastic instead of sewing onto the seam allowance; Hand-stitched hem and dress hems.