My husband and I went to Switzerland for a work conference, and having had the chance to travel I sewed up a few things to wear! First is this dress made from fabric that I bought in Athens when we holidayed there last June/July. I have no idea what the print is, but I’m calling it ‘Funky Fungi’ and referring to my dress as such. Not a very attractive name, haha!
I wanted something easy and comfortable to wear. Kwik Sew 4111 came with the Dressmaker magazine a while back, and being semi-fitted with room to move, it fits the criteria.
- Pattern: Kwik Sew 4111, View B.
- Size made: XS – XL included, I made XS.
- Pattern pieces: 9 for view B.
- Fabric used: 100% viscose, 138cm width, 2m length, unknown country of origin, bought in Athens on my trip in 2016
- New Techniques used: Continuous neckline and armhole facing with sandwiched self-faced semilunar sleeve caps.
- Modifications: Skirt shortened by 5cm; Added sheer weight interfacing around back invisible zip.
Travelling always motivate me to sew, because I have a deadline to work with! I made some other things to wear on my trip, currently sorting out photos and hopefully will be able to share soon.