A girl’s best friend is…a wool cardigan. It keeps you warm and covered, protect from the elements, can be stashed in bottom of bag or worn everyday for weeks… I made one in the softest merino wool.
- Pattern: McCall’s 7441, View C.
- Size made: Size Y (xsml – med included), I made size xsml.
- Pattern pieces: 3 for view C.
- Fabric used: 100% merino wool, 148cm width, 2.2m length, made in New Zealand, bought from The Fabric Store.
- New Techniques used: First time using coverstitch machine.
- Modifications: Gathered top of sleeve.
I like to wear it untied, but tied it in one of the pics to honour the original design :)
It’s the first time I’ve sewn a plain fabric and a practical garment. While perhaps not as exciting, I have no doubt that out of all the garments I’ve made, I will wear this one the most.