I am terrible at mixing prints – so when I saw this fabric by Gertie that already has polka dots AND roses, I snapped it up! It’s also a border print, what a bonus. I paired the fabric with Gertie’s pattern Butterick 6323.
Pattern:Butterick 6323, a Gertie pattern, rated ‘average’ in difficulty. I made View A.
Size made:Size 6-14 included, I made size 6.
Pattern pieces:5 for view A.
Fabric used:Cotton Sateen by Gertie, 97% cotton, 3% spandex; 145cm width, 2.5m length, made in China, bought from Spotlight. Lining also from Spoglight.
New Techniques used:Boned bodice; Lapped zipper; First lined garment.
Modifications: Added dart at front neckline; Added 5cm to bow ends; Increased shoulder seam by 2cm; Reduced side seam by 2.5cm; Skirt shortened by 5cm; Omitted seam tape for skirt hem (by accident); Shoulder changed from left to right side (also by accident).
This pattern took me a while to sew because I am slow with trying new techniques. I probably should practise them on scrap fabric, but I didn’t – pure laziness. This dress is way more feminine than what I normally wear, but because I made it, I’ll wear it!