I try to make something to wear for the Christmas/New Year period (see last year’s here), so here is this year’s. I realised I haven’t sewn any red clothes yet, so I decided to make one.
- Pattern: Simplicity 1006, a “Project Runway Junior” pattern, View A.
- Size made: D5 (Size 4-12 included), I made size 4 (turned out to be too small – read on).
- Pattern pieces: 9 pieces for View A.
- Fabric used: Crepe-back Satin, 100% polyester, 114cm width, 4.5m length, Made in Korea, bought from Spotlight.
- New Techniques used: First time self-drafting and making loops and lacing (I modified the back).
- Modifications: Converted back zipper to lacing; Sewn pleats down to decrease puffiness in bodice; Eliminated sash; Shortened sleeves by 15cm; Reduced skirt hem by 8cm.
This dress with the back modification really thrown my sewing schedule and plans out the window – it took so, so much longer than I expected!