It’s Labour Day public holiday in Queensland and I have finally finished writing this blog post on the second top I made to wear in Spain in March. How is it May already?!
So back in February, when I was deciding what to make for my travel wardrobe, my criteria was: (1) Easy to wear, (2) Versatile, (3) Does not crease, (4) Appropriate for location and season, and (5) Fast to sew. This top, the famous Tilly and the Buttons Agnes pattern, paired with Italian viscose jersey fabric, ticked all the boxes. I threw it in the suitcase, it can be worn with jeans or skirts or shorts, it can be layered, sleeves can be rolled up or left down, and it took only a few hours to make including tracing the pattern (if tracing is what you do, I did).
- Pattern: Tilly & the Buttons #1006, Agnes Top
- Size made: Sizes 1-8 included( the size numbers are arbitrary and do not correspond to RTW or other sewing pattern sizing)b), I made size 2.
- Pattern pieces: 4 pieces for the long, ruched sleeve and scoop neck version.
- Fabric used: Viscose jersey [Viscose 92%, Elastane 8%], 155cm width, 1m length, made in Italy, bought from Catwalk Fabrics in Adelaide.
- New Techniques used: I coverstitched the neckband.
- Modifications: Shortened neckband by 5cm, sleeves by 3-5cm (3cm on right and 5cm on left sleeves…my arms are different lengths)
Park Guell, Barcelona, SPAIN.
Oh Barcelona, you are a beauty. (And Gaudi was so innovative and daring). The roads and facilities are quite baby-friendly, although of course there are stairs at many of the tourist sites built in the past that aren’t stroller/wheelchair accessible. The baby carrier saved the day in those cases (but the rest of the city and roads are mostly smooth, have wide sidewalks, ramps and are very stroller-friendly). And what you don’t see in these photos is my husband carrying our baby at his front, large backpack on his back, nappy bag on the side, holding a camera and trying to get good shots all at the same time. (I carried the baby and bags too before photo time haha). Thanks hubby and happy 18th (dating) anniversary to us during this fantastic trip!